Friday, September 5, 2008

TA on the WAY!!!

Praise be to God!!! We heard today that our TA is finally on its way from China. The agency expects to get it Monday. The agency is requesting a consulate appointment to allow us to leave on 9/13- next Saturday. The other family who is scheduled to travel with us has INS papers that are about to expire. The agency is hoping that the consulate will squeeze us both in since our daughters are both from Kunming. It is a long shot, but God can do anything! I had all but given up to be there with Ellie for her 2nd birthday on 9/20. If the US consulate is merciful and squeezes us in, we would be with Ellie on her birthday. The hard part is trying not to get my hopes up to leave next Sat. , yet do I start to prepare to leave soon or wait until next Tues. or Wed. when we should know definitively? I don't know what to do except pray for God's will to be done. Please join us in praying.

9 comments:

trina said...

I just emailed you! I'm so happy for you all and I will pray that you will be leaving next week!!! Yikes..next week! Are you packed? Can't wait to follow your journey.

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

Congratulations!! We pray you get the appointment you requested.

Becky Rigby

Cyndi said...

How exciting!!!! I hope you can be there for her birthday!!!!

Elaine said...

Praise God!! I'm rejoicing with you in this wonderful news. And we'll be praying for a CA appt. so you can leave next Saturday. It would be amazing to celebrate with Ellie on her 2nd birthday!
Elaine

Kim said...

I am praying SO hard Jan!! I want for you to prepare the way to China for us amateurs! Have a great weekend!

Rebecca Sibley said...

Super news! Hope to be kept in touch as you journey like we were with Lilly!!
love ya,
Rebecca

eastandwest said...

Happy dancing with you! Praying you can leave ASAP!

Desiree' said...

Have faith, it is possible. We got our TA on a Friday and left the following Friday. Believe in miracles!! Praying for you and your sweet daughter!!

Cindy said...

I am so happy for you! I hope the consolate appointment works out so that you can be with your daughter on her birthday. I can't wait to follow your journal while you are in China. Congratulations!
Cindy