Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last 2 Days in China

Posting from Hong Kong with pictures from our last 2 days in China. . .
On our way to the US Consulate on Tuesday for the swearing in ceremony.

Our official adoption certificate from China

This time it's only Mama with Leiney Grace.  Normally we have David with us so this looks a bit strange to me.

Visiting with Nikki, our friend and guide from our time with Lilly back in 2007. 
iti
In 2010 when we were adopting Hudson, we ate with Nikki at a Chinese restaurant on Shaiman Island.  This time we all agreed upon Lucy's - American food!  Leiney Grace still chose a Chinese dish of chicken, veggies, and noodles.  It was very tasty as she and I ate the leftovers for lunch today in our hotel room.  We enjoyed our short visit with Nikki.  She and Leiney Grace had some lengthy conversations which I recorded.  Leiney Grace shared alot about her life in the orphanage.  It was all very sad to hear, but I do think it was therapeutic for Leiney Grace.  I am even more amazed at her precious spirit after learning about the environment in which she has lived for 5 and a half years.  I will share more in a future post.  It is her story though not mine so I will be careful in what I share.

Today - our last day in China. . . last minute shopping and packing!


Leiney Grace's pictures!



Strolling around the island this morning grabbing a few more gifts for my kiddos back home.

Leftovers for lunch as Mom and Aunt Lulu were frantically packing!

At the train station. . .next to Nikki, Elvin is our most favorite guide from all of our trips to China!  We first met Elvin back in 2007 when we were adopting Lilly.  I found out this trip that Elvin is a Christian which made my heart leap for joy!  Elvin obviously enjoys his job very much as he puts his whole heart into caring for the families! 

Elvin talking to Leiney Grace before we boarded the train for Hong Kong - explaining what was going to happen and to be a good girl for her Mama!  Elvin thanked me for giving "the child" a home and a family.  His last words were "God bless you!"

We rode the train to Hong Kong with 3 American families - 2 of whom we knew well from our stay at the Victory hotel these last few days.  Here are Heather, Mei Mei, and Corine who are headed to Hong Kong Disney and then home to Maryland.

Leiney Grace enjoying the train ride to Hong Kong!


Hard to believe our trip is over.  It has been amazing and far beyond what I ever could have hoped or imagined - only God!  Once I process it all, recover from the tiredness and impending jet lag, I hope to share from my heart about my new daughter - her  heartbreaking past and the hope she now has all because we were willing to be a vessel for God.  We are no different than you - not stronger, not richer, not braver, not more patient, not anything. We obeyed the call and are equipped for the task by God the Father.

God does not call the equipped.  He equips those He calls.

This time the orphan has found mercy in us.  Might an orphan find mercy in you?

"No one person can change the world, but you can change the world for one person."
George Hoffman

Now in Hong Kong and departing for the airport at 8 40 AM via shuttle.  Our flight to Chicago leaves at 11 AM.  Please pray for safe and smooth travels!  Thanks for following our journey and for your prayers.  Good night from Hong Kong!

6 comments:

Rebecca Sibley said...

What a wonderful journey of faith you have shared!
love, Rebecca

Amie said...

safe travels, my friend...I cannot wait to see you both..and all the others when you arrive back (and rest) in St. Matthews. Love you

Amie

Amie said...

safe travels, my friend...I cannot wait to see you both..and all the others when you arrive back (and rest) in St. Matthews. Love you

Amie

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed following your journey. Thank you so much for sharing. Wishing you safe travels home.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I've loved following your journey, Jan, and eagerly looked every day to see your new posts. You and your family are wonderful. Safe travels and much rest!

Tracy Faile

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

My heart is so full of so many emotions for you guys! I can't wait to hear more! I know you're home now....hope all is going well!

We met Elvin too and he was very nice. It makes sense that he is a Christian.....just look at his countenance! :)

Blessings,
Tammy