Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Potty Training

Well, guess who is using the potty? Yes, it's Lilly! After coming home from our weekend camping trip (well staying in a rustic cabin is as close to camping as I get!), I decided that I would try potty training Lilly on Monday. It was Memorial Day and David was home so I thought that I might just need his help in managing everybody else while Lilly and me did the potty thing! It was so easy that I really didn't need his help, but we enjoyed his being at home just the same! She has done amazingly well! It's like she was just waiting on me to take off her diaper and put her on the potty. She loves wearing her big girl panties and those M and M's help a little too! I am so proud of our Lilly girl! A little news on Ellie: We have been told by our agency, Children of the World, that we are getting an update on Ellie including a recent picture. Their agency representative is in Kunming with another adoptive family and is planning to pick up the update and Fed-Ex it to us! It simply can not get here fast enough. We still do not know if her lip has been repaired. We are trusting in God's sovereignty, and if it has not been repaired, then that's ok. The pictures we have are 13 months old so we can not wait to see how she has grown. I am betting that she has a headful of beautiful black hair. We hope and pray we will receive it by next week at the latest. Still no word on our LOA (Letter of Acceptance). It could be only a week away or a month or more away. We just don't know. Once that comes, it will likely be at least another 6 weeks before travel. We are getting closer though!
I just have to add that our hearts broke last week when we heard about the tragic death of Maria Chapman, Stephen Curtis Chapman's adopted daughter. It was an article on the Chapman family's adoptions that actually first led David and me to consider adopting a child from China. We continue to pray for their healing and and for God's peace to surround them each and every day.

1 comment:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh I can't wait to see the new pictures of Ellie. You know I fell in love with her on the COTW list and prayed and prayed she would find a family! I hope you get your LOA very soon!

We're potty training too. Lily Mei loves her Dora panties and the tootsie rolls help, too!

Have a great day!
Monica (COTW family)
mommy to Lily Mei