Sunday, April 22, 2007

Travel dates

Last week was like a roller coaster ride. There were lots of highs and lows. Monday was wonderful because we received TA. Having been told by our agency that as long as we had TA by April 17, we would be able to travel on May 11, we quickly assumed that we would indeed get to travel then. However, on Wednesday, the agency called and said they were unable to get a consulate appointment for us until May 29 which would require us to leave on May 18. We were all disappointed, but I was heartbroken. After an e-mail from my friend, Jennifer Barbee, I decided to at least request an "appeal" to the US Consulate. I did not expect our dates to change, but I felt that I had to at least try. The agency agreed to make an appeal on our behalf. By Wednesday evening, I had accepted that we would not travel with our friends the Barbees, and that it would be an additional week until I saw Lilly. On Thursday morning I said to my husband (who always checks e-mail first thing in the morning) "Let me know if you hear from Jane." (An agency rep. who is in China.) As I was reading my Bible, David calls out "I think she did it!" Sure enough we had an e-mail from Jane saying that the consulate had "squeezed" us in due to our daughter's special need and health concerns. What a wondeful surprise!
I know that God turned the impossible into the possible! As my daughter said, "It's kinda like a miracle Mom!" A miracle indeed and for that I praise God!
We are leaving May 11 and "Gotcha Day" will be Monday, May 14- David's birthday!
Thank you for praying for us and for following our journey.

1 comment:

AnnaClaire's Jie Jie said...

Yay! That is wonderful!!! Can't wait to follow along on your trip to China!!! Just a few weeks until you're off!