Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 Less Orphans

Just had to share some great news. In just a few short months, there will be 3 less orphans. No, we are not adopting 3 at one time :) But, we do have several close friends who are all in the adoption process. It's so exciting- maybe it will be contagious! Actually it already is. I think I left part of my heart in China, and I long to go back again and witness the miracle of adoption. One night as my sister Michelle and I were discussing the plight of orphans and my desire to adopt again, she said, "Adoption must be addictive." In some ways, I guess you could say it is. When you witness a miracle of God, you do long for more. It's difficult for me to put into words.

Jen and her family who are the proud parents of Lainie (adopted with Lilly) are adopting their second daughter, Mia, from China. Mia will be 7 in January. To learn more and see Mia's beautiful picture, check out their blog at: thebarbeebunch.blogspot.com

Elaine and her family who adopted Sarah Mei back in 2007 from the same orphanage as Lilly are adopting their third daughter from China. Isabel is in the same city where Ellie lived for her first 2 years of life, Kunming City in Yunnan province. Isabel has several complex congenital heart defects so please pray that God would protect her until Elaine and her family are able to travel to adopt her. To find out more, visit their family blog at: thehortonhome.blogspot.com

Last but not least, my good friend Kim who adopted Cate last September, is heading back to adopt a precious little girl who will soon be 2 years old. Kim is in the thick of the paperwork madness. She should have some pictures up soon of Cate's mei mei. Check it out at:
catecomeshome.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love the part about in a few short months. I am praying that will be the case. This has not been a good waiting week! I can't wait to see who the 4th will be!

Rebecca Sibley said...

You are a special mom for sure! And, for these children to get to see each other and keep in contact is special for them, too!! Thanks for sharing the news!